Soups Soups and more Soups ... can't get enough of it :). This is a Trini influenced soup with a couple of additions of my own.You can add and remove any veggies you like. Its a healthy, delicious and easy to make soup. Enjoy it hot with garlic breadsticks :) You can mix in a drop or two of your favourite hot sauce to give it a kick :)
1 can Swanson Vegetable Broth
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1 onion chopped
3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
1 yam peeled and chopped
4 sticks celery chopped
1/2 cup channa dal pressure cooked
2-3 green chillies chopped
1 tsp dry basil
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tsp dry oregano
1 cup rigatoni pasta cooked al dente
2 cups of water
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a pot.
2. Add onions and saute.
3. Add garlic and green chillies and saute.
4. Add yam and carrots and saute for 2 mins.
5. Add celery sticks and saute.
6. Add basil, thyme and oregano and a pinch of salt and saute.
7. Add pressure cooked channa dal and cooked rigatonni and mix well.
8. Add vegetable broth and 2 cups of water and mix and cover and bring to a boil.
9. Taste and add salt and black pepper if necessary. Serve hot.