Mom's Dill Lemon Rice

Hello everyone ... I wanted to share good news. My husband and I welcomed a new addition to our family, a baby boy. Its been an exciting couple of months. Motherhood has been a wonderful journey so far with my lil one. 

My Mom is visiting and has taken over the kitchen which has two plus points, I get a break and I get to enjoy her delicious cooking :). She made her version of lemon rice for lunch the other day and it was tasty and nutritious. I just had to post this recipe. Enjoy !

Serves: 3
Ingredients:
1 cup cooked rice  
1/4 cup Indian flat beans
1 bunch Dill (de-stemmed and roughly chopped)
5-6 green chilies (to taste)
1 onion peeled and chopped 
1 inch grated ginger
1 tsp urad dal 
1 tsp channa dal 
1/2 tsp mustard seeds 
1 sprig curry leaves 
1/4 tsp turmeric powder 
1/2 lime
pinch asafoetida 
Salt 
Oil 


Method:
1. Heat 3 tbsps oil in a low-based pan. 
2. Add mustard seeds. 
3. When mustard seeds splutter add urad dal and channa dal and cook until golden brown. 
4. Add asafoetida and saute.
5. Add slit green chilies and curry leaves and saute. 
6. Add grated ginger and saute.
7. Add turmeric powder and mix. 
8. Add onions and saute until translucent.
9. Add salt and mix well. 
10. Add Indian flat beans and saute for 2 mins (until cooked). 
11. Add dill and saute. 
12. Add rice and mix well. 
13. Add lime juice and mix well. Serve hot!




Comments

  1. Good job. Gotta try this out sometime. Congrats on your newborn baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment