|Trinidadian Tomato Choka|
6-8 green chilies (chopped) (to taste)
8-10 cloves of garlic (peeled and chopped)
1 large onion peeled and finely chopped
Pam cooking spray
1. Wash and dry tomatoes. Cut a slit into each tomato.
3. Spray with Pam.
4. Place cookie sheet with tomatoes in oven and cook on broil for approximately 10 mins (until cooked).
5. Using tongs remove peel from tomatoes and place in a bowl.
6. Mash tomatoes into a paste.
7. Heat oil in a pan.
8. Add chopped onions and saute.
9. When onions are translucent add chopped garlic and chopped green chillies and saute.
10. Add salt and mix well.
11. Add sauted mixture into bowl with tomatoes and mix well. Taste and add salt if necessary. Serve hot!