Banana Bread Cupcakes



There is a new member in our household... I am happy to announce that I finally took the plunge and bought the Kitchenaid Artisan stand mixer. Can't tell you how thrilled I am. This wasn't my first recipe, Pizza dough was the first thing I made with this handy lil toy. Wasn't able to capture the final product so here is the second recipe made with my KA. 

I've had banana bread at many places and usually I find it to be a bit heavy and more of a bread like consistency. I know I know ... its bread and that's how it should taste but I am a fan of light and moist cupcakes so I decided to make cupcakes with this recipe and it turned out perfectly. Enjoy this melt in your mouth, moist banana bread cupcakes. Happy Eating!

Serves: 20 cupcakes 
Ingredients:
1 cup mashed bananas 
2 eggs (beaten) 
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter 
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. 
2. Spray 2 cupcake pans with non-stick spray. 
3. In the KA stand mixer bowl add butter and sugar.  
4. Sift flour, salt and baking soda in a bowl. 
5. Place on stand mixer and attach the beater. 
6. Beat on speed 2 until the sugar and butter for 5 mins.
7. Add one egg at a time and beat on medium speed until creamy.
8. Add vanilla extract and mashed bananas and beat on medium speed until combined.
9. Add sifted flour mixture and buttermilk little at a time alternating between the two. Tip: Begin with flour mixture and end with flour mixture. 
10. Spoon into sprayed cupcake pans, fill to 3/4. 
11. Bake for 15-20 mins. 
12. At the 15 minute mark, insert a toothpick into cupcake and remove, if it comes out clean then the cupcakes are done. 
13. Cool on a wire rack and serve! 

Comments